On Radio: Dubai Eye 103.8FM
#DubaiToday, 31st December 2015
Dubai Eye: “ARN Reporter and foodie explorer Michelle Loxton recently went on a mission to find out about Bengali cuisine. The team behind this foodie night out was popular foodie blogger and editor Ishita Saha and Michelin star Chef Atul Kochhar. Michelle discovered just how much Bengali Chefs like to use mustard seeds and how Bengali chefs are the best pastry chefs in India. Read her story here >>
And here’s the podcast…
The Ticket, 28th Spetember 2015
Joining Zahra Soar on the brand new segment of The Ticket… #amiyourtype? I am also joined in by my family (including the Z-Sisters and a few other biker friends who had accompanied us on our 10days road trip to Ladakh! This was pre-recorded at the Biker’s Cafe, Jumeirah. Zahra also writes a brilliant recount of our trip… thanks very much! Read the story here >>
The Travel Show, 7th April 2015
Joining another edition of foodie Tuesday with a focus on travelling with children – chatting with Mark Lloyd and Michelle Loxton. The Z-Sisters join me on the studio!
The Travel Show, 31st March 2015
Joining the Travel team – Mark Lloyd of The Travel Show in Dubai Eye 103.8 FM and Michelle Loxton, as Debbie Rogers aka Coffee Cakes & Running and I talk about Food Trucks and the upcoming issue of Food e Mag dxb. The podcast…
The Travel Show, 10th March 2015
Joining the Travel team – Mark Lloyd of The Travel Show in Dubai Eye 103.8 FM and Michelle Loxton, as Debbie Rogers aka Coffee Cakes & Running and I talk about Inspirational Travel – Thailand, Mt Kilimanjaro and more. The podcasts…
We talk about Inspirational Recipes… Thai, Filipino recipes and more…
The Travel Show, 17th February 2015
Joining the Travel team – Mark Lloyd of The Travel Show in Dubai Eye 103.8 FM and Michelle Loxton, as I talk about the trend of pop ups and food trucks in Dubai and Dubai Food Festival. Hear the podcast…
I talk about the trend of food walks in Dubai and across the world, specially the walks that have been featured in February Issue of Food e Mag dxb.
The Travel Show, 16th December 2014
Joining the travel team – Mark Lloyd of The Travel Show in Dubai Eye 103.8 FM, as I talk about Filipino food and Thai food and where it’s available in Dubai. The podcasts…
The Travel Show, 11 th November 2014
Joining the travel team – Lucy Taylor and Mark Lloyd of The Travel Show in Dubai Eye 103.8 FM, as I talk about Thai food and contemporary Indian food and where it’s available in Dubai. The podcast…
The Travel Show, 16th September 2014
Joining the travel team – Lucy Taylor and Mark Lloyd of The Travel Show in Dubai Eye 103.8 FM, as I talk about my passion for travel and the cuisines of Kolkata and Sri Lanka. The podcast…
Dubai Food Festival 2015 Food Trail
A few select bloggers put forward their top picks of the city’s restaurants across the four key themes of the 2015 edition, that included me. Read more here.
Shortlists & Nominations
• BBC GoodFood ME Awards 2016, Shortlisted for ‘Food Blogger’ category (voting still on)
• Ahlan! Awards 2016 The People’s Choice Awards, Shortlisted for ‘Best Blog’ category
• BBC GoodFood ME Awards 2015, Finalist for ‘Best Food Blogger’ category
• Masala! Awards 2015, Nominated for ‘Best Blogger’ category
• BBC GoodFood ME Awards 2014, Finalist under ‘Best Food Blogger’ category
Dubai Week | 26 February 2015
Read the magazine by clicking here.
Ahlan Gourmet | Decmeber 2014
‘In the food world, Ishita B Saha is one of Dubai’s food blogging elite’… describes Ahlan! Gourmet. Oh, what an ego up-lifter! More on Rasgulla in my blog – the history, the recipe and how I made Rasgulla on Dubai One TV, and a very popular post of mine – a fusion recipe – Rasgulla Macapuno!
SIAL Middle East supplement | November 2014
BBC GoodFood ME – Food Safari of Bengal | October 2014
My journey from childhood until now, a food safari of Bengal and recipes of Mustard Fish and Mishti Doi in the 7th Anniversary bumper issue of BBC GoodFood ME. Read more…
Ahlan Gourmet | February 2013
BBC GoodFood ME ‘Meet the Blogger’ | August 2012
Featured in the section ‘Meet the Blogger’ of BBC GoodFood Middle East. A few posts down the line, a few good blogger friends made down the way, a few inspiring bloggers to look up to, a few ups and downs and some moments of real high! Read more…
On TV and other online channels
Zee Connect Zee TV ME | December, 2015
I created a traditional Bengali menu in collaboration with Michelin famed Chef Atul Kochhar and his protege Chef Amrish Sood in the Rang Mahal kitchen.
Zee Connect Zee TV ME | June, 2014
I created a contemporary menu with all the nuances of traditional Bengali cuisine for the ‘Cook The Books’ in BookMunch, an unique monthly event where the host Chef talked about his/her cookbook or some recipes from their favourite cookbooks, followed by a dinner where the menu had been created by the host Chef. Read more…
Ramadan Special video for Dima Sharif | July 2014
Dima Sharif has created a video in which I have opened up my Bengali kitchen and lay my soul bare with the dilemmas of expat living. Read more…
UAE National Day Special for My Dubai My City | 2nd December, 2012
I host an episode of ‘This is my Kitchen’, a segment in My Dubai My City (@MyDubaiMyCity), the first video guide to the city of Dubai. BTW, I am not from ‘Bangladish’ and I come from Bengal in India. Read more…
Dubai One & Noor Dubai | August, 2012
Showcasing the most famous of Bengali Sweets – the Rôshogolla or Rasgulla on local TV channels – Noor Dubai TV and Dubai One as a part of Ramadan special episodes. If this doesn’t reflect the multi-cultural aspect of Dubai, what else will? Read more…
On the web
‘Adda with Kalyan’ in Indian Food Network | Nov 17, 2015
I chat with Kalyan Karmakar, IFN’s Editor-At-Large to explore the world of regional food blogging (starts at 6:15secs).
‘Middle Eastern Food Blogs To Check Out’ in Fine Dining Lovers | March 30, 2013
Featured in Fine Dining Lovers as one of the Middle Eastern Food Blogs To Check Out as part of the Best of the Blogs series. ‘These blogs are colorful, informative and give you a sense of the mosaic of influences that give birth to the cuisine of the region.’ It writes – ‘Writer, photographer and mother of two, Ishita travels with with family in tow. Her blog presents culinary adventures from Dubai, Kolkata and beyond’. Clearly from street-food to fine-dining – I’m eating well!
Beram & Tajine E-Magazine | 3rd December, 2012
The December edition of Beram & Tajine E-Magazine, the first Egyptian/Moroccan e-magazine in the Middle East, features my traditional Bengali sweet recipes. Assia from Assia Kitchen (Moments Culinaires) presents this beautiful ‘International’ issue.
Expats Blog Awards | 3rd December, 2012
Interview in Expats Blog – From Kolkata to Dubai – Expat Interview With Ishita. Some of the comments left by the readers have made me go into an emotional topsy-turvy.
Expat Echo | 15th October, 2012
Interview in Expat Echo Dubai – Dubai expat Interview – Ishita Saha
Theme Showcase Blog in Inuit theme in WordPress | July, 2012
Chosen by WordPress as a Showcase blog for it’s Inuit theme since July, 2012 with WordPress declaringthe blog as one of the ‘Awesome blogs using Inuit Types’. However, the Inuit theme has become defunct recently, and I have adopted the Hermes theme since April 2015.
Elsewhere in the blogosphere
- Noborotno, the Bengali menu collaboration with Michelin famed Atul Kochhar and his protege Chef Amrish Sood in the Rang Mahal Kitchen is talked about by: My Custard Pie ; Foodiva ; Mita Ray ; Rajul Matkar; Dubai Eye 103.8 FM Blog
- Loving Dubai includes me in their delicious company: The Top 15 Foodies In Dubai You Need To Follow, October 2015. Read more.
- Zahra Soar, of Dubai Eye 103.8FM writes a brilliant recount of our 10 day road trip to Ladakh. Read more.
- Francine Spiering, good friend and author of Life in a Food Lane, Editor of Edible Houston, mentions me as she reminisces her Dubai life. September 2015. Read more.
- Prachi Grover, author of Orange Kitchens, features the Z-Sisters and myself in her new series Kids in the Kitchen: IshitaUnblogged, June 2015. Read more.
- Kalyan Karmakar, author of Finely Chopped, comes home on his Dubai visit and features me very generously in his blog post, February 2015. Read more.
- Pankaj Adhikari catches me talking about my penchant for food, culture and my gastronomical journey in The Indian Diaspora and also in his blog, December 2014. Read more.
- Featured in Dima Sharif’s Ramadan special series of blog posts, where I talk about Bengali cuisine and the dilemmas of expat living. July 2014. Read more.
- An interview that I took of Master Chef Sanjeev Kapoor is published in his personal website. January 2013
- Ultimately my blog is certified ‘Certified Yummly’! October 2012
- Featured in FoodieBlogroll’s Featured Blogs, 22nd June, 2012. Read more.
- Nominated for Food Stories’ Excellence in Storytelling Award, May, 2012. Read more.
- Nominated for Food Stories’ Excellence in Storytelling Award, July, 2012. Read more.