It’s a great initiative for ‘Abhijaan 2015′, the 2nd Bengali Film Festival Dubai which is taking place from the 5th-7th February, 2015 at the Knowledge Village, to bring in Bengali movies that are absolutely hot off the oven. For example, Arindam Sil’s second directorial venture – Ebar Shobor. It released in Kolkata just yesterday and last heard, is being declared absolutely phenomenal by the movie goers. This year, Abhijaan 2015 sees a fabulous line up of 7 Bengali films with English subtitles – Chotushkone (Srijit’s Mukherji’s masterpiece thriller, starring stalwarts like Aparna Sen, Chiranjeet Chakraborty, Goutam Ghose, Kaushik Ganguly, Parambrata Chatterjee), Teenkahon (Bauddhayan Mukherji’s debut directorial venture starring Rituparna Sengupta, Dhritiman Chatterjee, Sabyasachi Chakrabarty, Suman Mukhopadhyay, Ashish Vidyarthi), Byomkesh Phire Elo (Directed by Anjan Dutt, starring Abir, Saswata, Usashi), Bharate (directed by Anindya Ghosh, starring Rituparna Sengupta, Arunima Ghosh), 89 (directed by Manoj Michigan starring Saswata Chatterjee, Raima Sen and Shataf Figar), Ebar Shobor (directorial venture of Arindam Sil, starring Swastika, Saswata, Abir) and Ek Fali Rod (directed by Atanu Ghosh… starring Dhritiman Chatterji, Ritwik, Aparajita). While more info and snippets of the movies can be found in Facebook, grab your tickets now from platinumlist.net/tickets & itp.net/tickets.
2 more days for #Abhijaan2015… Byomkesh completely sold out! Great films lined up… more info on FB. Tickets…platinumlist.net/tickets
— #Abhijaan2015 (@AbhijaanBFF) February 3, 2015
No food post? Well, a temporary break to talk about films – Bengali films. After all, films do provide food for… http://t.co/O1aHvPwmVP
— Ishita B Saha (@IshitaUnblogged) February 2, 2015
A bit of trivia pictures…
A synopsis of Ebar Shobor… This is the second directorial venture of Arindam Sil, after his much acclaimed debut film Aborto. Ebar Shabor is the kind of film that leaves a lingering aftertaste — the kind that makes you crave for a repeat watch. And that too when you already know who the murderer is! What better benchmark can a film set? Starring Swastika, Saswata, Abir… So grab your tickets now for #Abhijaan2015!
Unblogging it all… Ishita
Disclaimer: While you enjoy reading my posts with lot of visuals, please do not use any material from these posts. All pictures have been shared with me, courtesy Arindam Sil and are protected by copyright. You can catch my daily food and travel journey on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Related Bengali Posts:
• Spicy Baby Potatoes or Aloor Dum – Kolkata Street Style!The Legend of Flurys Still Continues in Park Street
• Ramadan Food Trail With Calcutta Walks | As The Muezzin Calls
• Yesss, The Scoop In Outram Ghat Still Exists!
• Bhapa Mishti Doi and A Food Safari of Bengal | BBC GoodFood Middle East
• Shorshe Bata Maach – Mustard Salmon In This Case | A Detour From Thailand To Wish Shubho Noboborsho!
• Luchi Featured In Ahlan! Gourmet | My Ode To Phulko Luchi!
• Bohemian In Kolkata | Where Food Really Does Cabaret On Senses!
• Traditional Bengali Cuisine | In ‘Slight’ Details
• Firni or Ferni, Ramadan or Ramzan, Mallick Bazar or Karama?
• Momos in Tiretti Bazar | The Last Chinese Remnants in Kolkata!
• Dilipda’s Phuchkas in Vivekananda Park | Kolkata
• Notun Gurer Payesh/Rice Pudding & My Dida
• Rasgulla Macapuno | When a Filipina Turns Bong!